Projects:Big Kidd Property
The Big Kidd Property is located in the Nicola Mining Division of British Columbia immediately northeast of Aspen Grove, approximately 25km southeast of the City of Merritt, and 250km northeast of the City of Vancouver.
The Big Kidd property comprises of four mineral tenures totaling 4,056 hectares or 40.56 square kilometres. The past exploration work dating back to the early 1900’s has identified many showings in the ‘Aspen Grove Copper Camp’.
The property is Located within the Central Volcanic Facies of the Nicola Group, a narrow belt of alkaline volcanic and subvolcanic intrusive rocks, which are host to numerous alkalic porphyry Cu-Au deposits including both the Copper Mountain Mine south of Big Kidd and the Iron Mask Batholith (Afton, Ajax) to the north.
The main target on the property is a strongly mineralized 550 x 500 m (depth unknown) breccia pipe (BK Breccia), only ½ of which has been tested by historic drilling. Potassic alteration within the BK Breccia is associated with a high Au:Cu ratio, including drill intercepts of:
- 116 metres grading 0.79 g/t Au and 0.12% Cu in DDH97-05
- 62 metres grading 0.95 g/t Au and 0.17% Cu in DDH97-04
- 56 metres grading 0.51 g/t Au and 0.10% Cu in DDH0305
Based upon previous exploration results the Big Kidd Breccia pipe has the potential to be a bulk tonnage open-pit minable copper-gold deposit.
- The strongest gold and copper mineralization occurs within the Big Kidd Breccia and its contact zones with country rocks;
- The Big Kidd Breccia has outward dipping contacts on the north and west;
- Mineralization in all sections is open at depth;
- A richer gold and copper zone is enveloped by lower grade copper mineralization; and
- Excellent targets for future exploration have been identified.